We are seeking a Accountant to join our Foodrunner Finance team, reporting to the Senior Manager, GL Accounting and responsible for financial reporting, maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations and supporting other functions within the accounting department. This position will play an active role in the financial close process and preparation of month-end journal entries which includes various expense accruals, prepaids and allocations and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, such as recording, reconciling, and analyzing accounting transactions.
- Build lead schedules and reconciliations for GL accounts.
- Assist with the month end close process and preparation of monthly reporting package.
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness and execution, including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Assist with and/or complete ad hoc projects as requested. Research and document issues, special projects, Audit requests, etc.
- Serve as a back-up on month-end duties assigned to other team members.
- As necessary, contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned and perform independent and objective project analysis to support management with the decision-making process
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields with 5+ years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and public accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced startup environment is highly preferred with expert ability to switch between competing initiatives as needed
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word / Excel
- Experience with Accounting program is a plus